Building Sustainable Communities
- OEC can offer a world-class, self-sustaining mechanical biological treatment facility with advanced resource recovery processing. OEC’s facilities are constructed by ACS, one of the world’s largest private construction and infrastructure development companies with vast experience in waste and energy applications.
Vecoplan LLC, a 40-year old German company with world-class experience in MSW handling equipment integrates the entire system and its components.
- Effortless, efficient recycling by using only one bin for all household waste (excluding heavy trash, e-waste and hazardous materials). Patented waste separation technologies by OEC are used to separate MSW components for recovery and conversion to renewable fuels. This, in turn, leads to substantially higher recovery/diversion rates.
- Dramatic reduction of greenhouse emissions by capturing methane and converting it to natural gas. To boost diversion and energy goals the facility employs patented applications for Anaerobic Digestion processes to convert organics separated from the waste. A leading transportation CNG company will clean the methane, condition it to natural gas, and make it available for fleet use.
- Upcycling of low value plastics in the MSW stream into Brent Grade crude oil. One conversion technology company to be used by OEC has existing applications of this technology currently operating. This process allows the conversion of low value plastics to crude oil for further refinement into fuels and chemicals.
- Conversion of urban biomass (a mixture of mixed paper, cardboard and wood waste) into gasoline. OEC has licensed this conversion technology by CRI/Criterion Catalyst Company. This conversion process is a catalytic, thermochemical process that converts biomass into cellulosic hydrocarbons for use as fuels and blend stocks.
- Solid and strong private project financing. OEC has viable financing strategic partners with sound qualifications and numerous successful financing ventures in the solid waste and recycling industries. Their capabilities and project financing successes span the globe and offer the flexibility of a myriad of opportunities to privately finance such a large project. ACS, one of the equity partners, also brings significant financing acumen to the project.
- Revenue potential from conversion technologies. A municipality has the potential for substantial shared-revenues from the new products made from diverted MSW. In addition, the avoided costs available from the operations of an OEC facility help pay for the processing.